Recommended Books, Tools, and Resources.
I thought it would be useful to include a list of resources I recommend. Included are books that I have found helpful, websites I use, and tools for greater effectiveness. I'll add to this list in the future, and I would love it if you would e-mail me with any resources that have helped you. I recommend bookmarking this page as a resource for future reference. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I have experience with these companies, and have used these resources. I recommend them because I have found them helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products or services unless you feel you need them or that they will help you in some way.
- Pastors Health
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader by Peter Scazzero
- Leadership Pain by Sam Chand
- Overcoming the Dark Side of Leadership by Gary McIntosh
- Soul Keeping by John Ortberg
- Replenish: Leading from a Healthy Soul by Lance Witt
- Leading on Empty by Wayne Cordeiro
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- The Rest of God: Restoring Your Soul by Restoring Sabbath by Mark Buchanan
- The Life you Always Wanted: Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People by John Ortberg
- Marriage & Family
- Sticky Faith: Everyday Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in your Kids by Kara Powell
- The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs
- Boundaries in Marriage by Henry Cloud
- A Lifelong Love: How to Have Lasting Intimacy, Friendship, and Purpose in Your Marriage by Gary Thomas
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know by Meg Meeker
- Strong Mothers, Strong Sons: Lessons Mothers Need to Raise Extraordinary Men by Meg Meeker
- People-Pleasing Pastors: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Approval-Motivated Leadership by Charles Stone
- What Every Pastor Should Know: 101 Indispensable Rules of Thumb for Leading Your Church by Gary McIntosh
- Amplified Leadership: 5 Practices to Establish Influence, Build People, and Impact Others by Dan Reiland
- Leadership Pain: The Classroom for Growth by Samuel Chand
- Leading with a Limp: Take Full Advantage of Your Most Powerful Weakness by Dan Allender
- The Grasshopper Myth: Big Churches, Small Churches and the Small Thinking that Divides Us by Karl Vaters
- Preaching by Tim Keller
- Rainer on Leadership by Thom Rainer and Jonathan Howe
- Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast
- This is your Life by Michael Hyatt
- The Leadership Podcast by Carey Nieuwhof
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast
- Dave Ramsey's Entreleadership Podcast
- How I Built This by NPR
- Weebly - Quick and easy way to start a website or blog.
- Name.com - I use Name.com to purchase and manage my website domains.
- Evernote - My digital brain. This is where I manage a lot of my brainstorming, note taking, capturing of ideas, writing of blog posts and much much more!
- Evernote Essentials - The definitive guide for getting the most out of Evernote.
- Simple Church - CRM site to manage all of our church data.
- MailChimp - Free for up to 2,000 subscribers.
- Planning Center Online - A great tool for scheduling and communicating with volunteers.
- Graceway Media - One of my favorites! Over 10,000 graphics, ppts, countdowns, and motions for your church.
- Dropbox - online storage and file sharing
- PayPal - Old school, but it still works great. We use PayPal for our church online giving.
- Canva - This is an online graphic design tool that even a beginner can use. Great for creating graphics for social media.
- Feedly - Follow all of your favorite blogs on one page.
- Buffer - Schedule social media posts in advance.
- Light Stock - Great photos for your website, power points, and social media
- Google Adwords - Targeted online advertising with Google. Get your church on page one of Google search.
- 99 Designs - Do you need graphics, a logo, or other design elements created by a pro? Check out the services offered by the thousands of designers at 99designs.
- Vista Print - Low cost business cards, brochures, banners, and more.
- Outreach - Websites, banners, flyers, and more.
- Church Metrics - A free tool to measure your church attendance, conversions, etc.
- Fiverr - This is a site I love. Spend only $5 for all types of services.
- Cold Turkey - Too distracted by social media and other site? Use Cold Turkey to block sites and become more productive. Another option is to use a tool called Freedom.